I am SO glad we asked the au pair to come 2/14 rather than 1/31 because otherwise there's no way we would have gotten everything done. We have mostly finished her room, thank goodness. I do still need to get sheets and curtains, but that's not all that much to do.
Behold, my list
- Get car serviced
- Order sheets, curtains, finish prepping room
- Finish slide deck for dissertation defense
- Finish writing draft of dissertation to send to committee members
- Do dissertation revisions as per the suggestions of my committee after my defense
- Finish Aim 3 manuscript and submit it
- Complete revise and resubmit for Aim 2 manuscript
- Read materials for Well Newborn rotation
- Continue reading peds text so I remember something before I start that rotation
- Complete application for travel award to meeting in June
- Register for meetings in May and in June
- Taxes (I actually see this as a welcome break from all the other stuff I have to do)
I'm sure there's other stuff, I just can't remember it all right now.
I'd really like to have #6 and #7 done before my defense too, which is kind of a lot. Basically, I have to get 2 manuscripts revised and submitted over the next 3 weeks.
Ok, off to do #4 so I can get this out to everyone by the end of the day. Still need to finish the abstract. And I have a meeting on campus from 12:30 - 1:30 that is going to eat up a bunch of time. Gah!
I have to admit it though, being almost done is kind of exhilarating.